Bundaberg Street Law are a team of lawyers and support staff who provide pro bono legal advice and assistance to people who are homeless or at risk of homelessness in Bundaberg.
We run free and confidential outreach legal advice clinics at 59 Woongarra Street, Bundaberg (opposite Buss park) at the following times:
- Thursdays: 11:30am – 1:00pm
- Saturdays: 3:30pm – 5:00pm
Who we help
Bundaberg Street Law provides free legal advice and assistance to people who are experiencing homelessness or who are at risk of homelessness. This includes people who have no access or inadequate access to safe, secure, affordable and adequate housing that affords the right to live in security, peace and dignity.
For example, we assist people who are:
- sleeping rough
- living in their car
- couch surfing
- living in a refuge or other transitional accommodation
- living in accommodation without legal rights
- experiencing domestic violence or other threats of violence at their current accommodation
- at risk of losing their current accommodation
People experiencing homelessness, and those at risk of homelessness, are among the Wide Bay region’s most socially and economically disadvantaged.
How can Bundaberg Street Law help you?
We assist our clients in many different general areas of law, including:
- Fines and infringements
- Criminal law (minor)
- Identity documents
- Family law
- Human Rights
- Consumer law
- Neighbourhood disputes
- Child Safety
- Residential Tenancies
- Domestic and family violence protection orders
- explain the law to you and give you advice about your options
- help you negotiate with the other side in your legal matter
- help request copies of your documents
- help you prepare for revies, tribunals or court hearings
- support you to access other legal services
- put you in touch with other organisations that can help you
How can I access the Bundaberg Street Law team?
No appointments are needed. Walk-ins are welcome.